After my last day in the Wren Library today, I walked through the Great Court and was delighted to see the moon over the apartments to the left of the main gate (second floor) where Sir Isaac Newton lived while at Trinity. Do you remember that the astronauts talked about the fact that Newton was flying them to the moon on one of their lunar flights? It seemed appropriate to put a large sun dial in the foreground of the photo. Newton was most interested in sun dials and made countless sun dials when he was a boy. So there you have it - Newton's apartment with "the bookends" of the moon and an sun dial!
Inside the entry way to Trinity College Chapel is this huge statue of Newton holding a prism. The prism was one of my most favorite items at Mrs. Martin's Kindergarten when I was I child! I loved to look at the light as it was separated. I was so fascinated with the order of the colors that from kindergarten days to the present day, I have had to put my crayons in THE CORRECT ORDER! I do not know why Crayola sends out boxes and boxes of crayons with the order all mixed up!
If you have your back to the large statue of Newton, you are looking into the chapel at Trinity College.
No comments:
Post a Comment