The house were I am staying is about 20 years old (or so the taxi driver told me!) It is located in quite a new development or estate as they call it in the UK. About a mile away, as the crow flies, is Tesco. Now, I admit have had a terrible time with Tesco Direct in recent weeks and if they do not make things right, I intend to tell the world what has happened. But, the folks at the local Tesco store seem quite nice. Tesco is like Acme or Giant or Sainsbury's. It is primarily a grocery store with lots of other odds and ends (pots, pans, a pharmacy, socks!) Today I wanted to get some milk (for when I return on Tuesday night late from Cambridge) and a couple of other items so this afternoon, I walked to Tesco.
Now, if Marks had been closer, I would have gone there - John!
On the way back, I noticed these bicycle signs.
The bicycle sign reminded me of Mary's warning when I was in London - WATCH OUT FOR BICYCLES AS THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN CARS! THEY ARE A LAW UNTO THEMSELVES AND CARE ABOUT NO ONE!
So - this Saturday night, I leave you with one thought ...
LOOK BOTH WAYS WHEN YOU COME TO A CYCLE WAY - now is not that a profound Saturday evening thought? I guess I am getting tired! :-)
2 comments:
Hi Helen! Wow-what an amazing documentation of your adventure! Thank you for sharing and safe travel! Fondly, Jo-Ann Delaney
Post a Comment