Sunday, November 9, 2008

Solving Mysteries... Inspector HEM reporting for duty!

Last night when I was finally able to figure out the washer and dryer, I got inspired and decided to see what I could find to wash! I looked all over and found some of my dirty tea towels in the kitchen and then I checked the upstairs bathroom and spotted a hamper - possibly for dirty clothes. "I will check in there," I thought, "and help Debbie by doing any laundry she might have left." THERE IN THE HAMPER WERE THE TOWELS THAT I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL WEEK! I had been using the towels that I had brought and someone had left one towel in each bathroom -- but I kept thinking that Debbie had to have more towels than what I was finding. MYSTERY #1 SOLVED! I FOUND THE TOWELS!

Then, I went to make some dinner and put the bicarbonate of soda into the refrigerator -- and guess what?--- I figured out the smell! MY CHEESE -- THAT I HAD BOUGHT! As I suddenly realized that the refrigerator smelled from MY cheese - the words of a very dear friend rang in my ears as I heard her years ago when her husband returned from work with a new kind of cheese. "Do not bring that smelly cheese into the kitchen!" I WAS RESPONSIBLE! MYSTERY #2 SOLVED! I HAD PUT THE SMELLY CHEESE INTO THE REFRIGERATOR! So, immediately I made sure that the baking soda (with lid off) was put into the refrigerator to absorb any left over odor --- and today I ate the cheese! The cheese was delicious!

No comments: