Sunday, November 16, 2008

This Lord's Day in Cambridge...




This morning I worshipped at Cambridge Presbyterian Church. In the top picture, Pastor Ian Hamilton is the gentleman with coat and tie and standing in the center. He preached a wonderful sermon on Acts 15:22-41. The whole sermon was GREAT! Ian discussed the fact that the leaders, Paul and Barnabas were brethren who were writing to brethren. They were brothers first who also were leaders -- NOT-- leaders who were brothers. He talked about how Godly leadership was like that of Christ who was a servant leader. During his prayer of "Intercession for the church and for the world," he prayed very movingly for Obama (something which I have been trying to do but with very GREAT difficulty. Is my disappointment over the recent election showing?) He prayed for the Queen and her government and I was struck by how fervently he prayed for those in authority -- and that was BEFORE the sermon!

Then the church had a fellowship lunch after and I stayed and met some folk and the man I was most interested in was an American who has been in the US military for a number of years, who is leaving the military in December and then going to teach at the Classical School of the Medes in northern Iraq in January! -- Dory, are you reading this? I could not believe my ears! Here I have been for the past several days researching classical education and it JUST SO HAPPENED -- IN GOD'S PROVIDENCE -- WELL, YOU GET THE IDEA! Paul is pictured below sharing what he wants to do in Iraq at the lunch after church.

No comments: